Having our own building is a great advantage; this enables us to keep all of our equipment out at each session, giving the children a greater choice and more scope. It also means that we are able to have paint, glue, sand/water available at each session. So please do not send your children in their 'Sunday Best'; we do supply aprons but these are not always sufficient to catch every spill!
We are a registered charity and to enable us to keep our fees low, we rely on various fundraising events throughout the year. We depend on your help for this. All parents are welcome to our half term committee meetings where any ideas regarding fundraising/planning are very welcome.
The Home Corner
aims and objectives
- To provide a safe, happy environment for play and to extend each child to their full potential.
- To provide equipment and stimulus that will assist in working towards the Early Learning Goals and the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To stimulate a child's interest in music and movement, creative activities, writing, books and outdoor pursuits.
- To provide imaginative play.
- To ensure that all legal requirements for running the playgroup are met.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers. Staff will always be available to talk to parent/carers regarding their child's welfare and will keep them informed of their child's activities and progression.